We’re making it our mission to become as sustainable as possible. You can find out more below.
CannaSVG defines sustainability as the fundamental balance between the social, economic, and environmental aspects of our everyday actions, natural resources, and the needs of current and future generations. We believe that sustainability requires intergenerational empathy – our collective actions today will ensure healthy communities and a healthy planet for future generations.
CannaSVG is committed to reducing its impact on the environment and is actively working towards becoming a carbon neutral business through a proactive, measured, and independently validated combination of annual offsetting and natural environment restoration projects.
CannaSVG believes that carbon neutrality is a priority objective to spearhead a wider range of correlated initiatives for the benefit of our immediate and wider environment, for the benefit of its people and nature.
CannaSVG is prioritising the protection and enhancement of the natural environment, but also recognises a duty of care to employees and the local communities from which they come. An effective sustainability strategy must encompass and improve aspects of life for both the people and the natural environment.
CannaSVG is developing local community initiatives that will deliver upon these objectives, and will strive to measure these initiatives in order to improve performance. Independent validation and transparent reporting is imperative in building and maintaining trust, enrolling collaborative support, and ultimately making these initiatives more effective.
CannaSVG is committed to becoming a carbon neutral business by 2030. In seeking to achieve this goal, CannaSVG will prioritise carbon neutral initiatives that generate wider benefits for the local communities.
Not exclusively, this additionally may include; biodiversity enhancement, environmental education, agricultural diversification incorporating training and improved management practices, improved water management focusing on sanitation, waste water, and water capture, apprenticeship and skill transfer.
Objectives & Target
- Achieve carbon neutral status by 2030.
- Using the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) guidelines, to identify a minimum of 4 areas of focus by 2025 within the immediate geographical areas of operation.
- To conceptualise and deliver initiatives designed to address these 4 (minimum) areas of focus, and for these to be independently assessed as providing positive impacts by 2030.
- Comply with all applicable environmental regulations and exceed these wherever practically and measurably possible.
- Prevent visual and environmental pollution whenever possible.
- Communicate our environmental commitment and efforts to the people or organisations we meet, as well as our wider community and areas of operation.
- Continually improve over time by striving to measure our environmental impacts and by setting goals to reduce these impacts each year.
- Ensuring an equitable working environment for all, regardless of race, gender, age or orientation.
- To adopt the best and most appropriate technological solutions to support us in these initiatives wherever possible.
Strategy & Implementation
CannaSVG aims to minimise its environmental impact by using recognised strategies such as car sharing; using sustainable products; reducing product air miles by procuring from source; using products that are not harmful to the environment; using products that minimise plastic waste; taking measures to improve energy efficiency, ensuring an equitable working environment for all, regardless of race, gender, age or orientation.
CannaSVG will retain where appropriate independent advisers to assist and validate the delivery of these objectives and to work collaboratively with the Company and the Communities to achieve these goals.